With the arrival of a new grandbaby, grandparents jump at the opportunity to meet and hold their new little one – even if it means traveling to a different country! When planning the trip for our parents, Chris and I both decided to have them wait for me to recover and come a month later for the baby blessing. We weren’t sure when the baby would be here and if they were willing to come all this way, they’d probably would like to see some of the island – something they wouldn’t have been able to do much right after I had the baby. So it was set. Chris’s parents would come for two weeks and my parents would come for two weeks, overlapping by a week.
First we had Clint and Stacey come. They are a little more adventurous in trying new foods than my parents, especially when it comes to seafood. So we took them to lunch to a sushi restaurant. We showed them American Village, the hardware store, and I had Chris take them snorkeling/diving while I stayed home with Brayden and did laundry!
Grandma Stacey loving on Brayden at the sushi restaurant.
Then my parents arrived and the party began!
Fukushuen Chinese Gardens and Kokusai Street
Brayden loved being held ALL the time.
Shuri Castle
Brayden’s first dip in the ocean.
While Clint and Chris scuba dived, my dad snorkeled. We also had lunch there.
Grandma Stacey and Brayden’s bonding time.
At the Dragon Boat Festival
My friends from the Navy Women’s team – and they won!
Brayden’s Blessing Day
At Araha Beach
Grandpa Clint playing with Brayden before they went.
And Brayden left him a departing gift ![]()
We also went to the aquarium and shopping on Kadena, but I don’t seem to have pictures of those events.
No comments:
Post a Comment