Carter arrives!
On November 17th, I woke up to find Brooke wasn’t at my mom’s house like she usually was (she would spend the day at my parents’ house because it was closer for Keith to take her to the hospital from work there). I tried getting a hold of her but was not getting a response and started to get really anxious. I even called my mom to see what she knew. Finally, I got a hold of Keith and sure enough they were at the hospital getting set up to have the baby. Only a few hours later we find out she had him! So right after my parents got off of work we headed to the hospital so we could meet little Carter!
We all agreed Carter was a spittin’ image of Keith. This is how I met Carter, just chillin’ with his arms out. I wanted to see just how much Carter looked like Keith, so I had Keith do the “Carter Pose.”
This is Hudson doing the “Carter Pose”
Chris wasn’t in Arizona when Carter was born. He didn’t arrive until a few days later, so this is a pic of him meeting Carter for the first time. I think Chris is still getting over jet lag, what do you think?
Because we had both sides of the family all together, we had to get family pictures because we weren’t sure of when everyone would be together like this again. Here is the McDowell side on the left and the Mortensen side on the right.
Coyotes Game
My dad has a few friends the will hook him up with tickets to sporting events in Phoenix. One friend contacted him and said he had 4 tickets to the Phoenix Coyotes game if he wanted them. My dad didn’t want them, but offered them to me and I took them. I’m not a hockey fan, but I enjoy sporting events and thought it sounded like fun. Chris and I invited his parents to come with us. They were excellent seats; only a few rows behind the glass behind the goalie. The game actually goes a lot faster when there in person and we enjoyed the music they played. We discovered just how little we understood hockey because they would blow the whistle and a player would end up in the penalty box. The Coyotes were losing 0-2 and it was near the end of the game. The Mortensens wanted to know if we could leave early before the crowd rush. I told them I really don’t like leaving before the end of the game and so we stayed. The other team ended up scoring 3 more goals and the Coyotes lost 0-5. But it was still fun.
U of A vs ASU volleyball gameKrystal and I have made it a tradition to attend the University of Arizona/Arizona State University Women’s volleyball game ever since we were playing in HS. We both happened to be in Arizona when ASU was hosting U of A this year, so we got together and went to the game. We ate at In-N-Out and then headed across the street to watch the game. I can’t remember who won (I think it was U of A unfortunately), but it is always an entertaining game and it’s always a fun time with the Balls family!
Wow Bre, its nice to know, You, Chris, and Brayden are alive and well. So glad you posted. :-)
ReplyDeleteOh you do not know how long I have been waiting for you to post! Now we have to get Ash going again too... :)
ReplyDelete