Monday, February 25, 2013

My Baby Shower

My awesome visiting teachers offered to throw me a baby shower at the beginning of March to help us prep for the little one’s arrival. We were originally suppose to hold it in the multi-purpose room of the tower my visiting teacher lived in, but there was some confusion and she was unable to get the key. So we went up to her apartment and it quickly became over crowded. Luckily, my friend, Jenn, went downstairs to check and found that one of the doors to the room had been left unlock. So we were able to move the party into the multi-purpose room. Good thing, too, because I was sweating like crazy being crammed into that tiny space (I’m sure being 8.5 months pregnant didn’t help, either). I was overwhelmed with how many people came, especially since this was my first baby shower and I was unable to have any friends or family from the states be there. It turned out to be a great shower after all.

DSC02102DSC02104

The gifts and the awesome “Diaper cake”

DSC02103DSC02105

The food (me stuffing my face on the left) and a picture of the full room we had.

DSC02107DSC02109

“All-Star” decoration (left). Baby pictionary game (right). The lady on the far left is Dawn, one of my visiting teachers. The lady in green is my friend, Jenn, who discovered the room was open after all.

DSC02111DSC02125

I asked my friend, Karlyn, to be my photographer. I think she wanted me to remember who took the pictures. The picture on the right is me opening the gifts. The lady behind me is my other visiting teacher, Tia.

DSC02177DSC02179

The cake (left) and the comic strip someone drew of my life. It’s actually quite funny, but I’m not sure you can see all of it in this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment